Dear St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Families,
Thank you for your patience and care as we work to balance faith and prudence at this time.
We continue to take the necessary precautions at school. There is a lot of disinfecting and handwashing going on during the school day, and we appreciate the families who are ensuring that children are healthy when they are sent to school.
The following guidelines have been issued to our school from The Office of the Bishop.
“Upon the advice of health officers from local counties to cancel all non-essential large indoor gatherings through the month of March”
· Cancel any large indoor gathering that is not essential (crab feeds, pancake breakfasts, fundraising events, potluck dinners, soup suppers, etc).
· Any assemblies in parochial schools and religious education programs are suspended through the month of March.
· School Masses will be suspended through the month of March.
Therefore, Stations of the Cross and School Mass will be recited over the schoolwide speaker system. Following the readings and reflections of the Friday Mass, communion will be distributed to the students in their classrooms. Please discuss with your child if you would like them to receive communion.
The Catholic School Department has offered the following clarifications for school events. I have included those that apply to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in the coming weeks.
1) Field Trips.
· Please cancel field trips in crowded environments (Disneyland or public theaters, for example) or in museums with hands-on exhibitions (the Exploratorium, for example).The Catholic School Department has offered the following clarifications for school events. I have included those that apply to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton in the coming weeks.
· If you have a field trip that, given prudent judgment, – one class taking a trip to an open public place, for example – you can proceed; please reach out to me for clarification on anything you have planned.
2) Sporting Events. We are not canceling spring sports. However, we are concerned about crowded gyms. After this weekend, please take steps to limit the number of spectators at the event.
3) Parish/Sacramental Events. Bishop will offer a directive this afternoon re. Parish and sacramental events. Please know that, as of now, I anticipate him canceling confirmation for the remainder of the month of March after this Sunday (March 15). I also anticipate him canceling all confirmation retreats and like events.
4) School visitors. Per Scenario II, it is your prerogative to limit classroom visitors, including parents.
Taking all of these measures into consideration, please be advised of the following events.
March 17th: Registration Night will continue as planned from 4-7 PM.
March 18th: Bowling with the Teachers will be postponed to May 13th from 3-5 PM.
March 19th: NET Retreat, at school, will continue though students may opt-out and not attend school.
March 30th: 3rd Grade Famous American Speeches will be rescheduled.
Please refer to your parish for further information on sacramental preparation events.
I will relay the most recent information as it becomes available to us.
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton pray for us.
Yours in Christ,
Mrs. Marci Greene